Between heaven and hell there is, in Blues & Gospel, only a Saturday evening at the wild “Juke Joint” club and a Sunday morning spent in holy prayer in a House of God. The two are opposites of course, yet they are fatefully connected. Black Patti has dedicated themselves to the spiritual- and gospel tradition on their new record. Being enthusiastic about these recordings, world-famous illustrator and founding father of the underground comic scene, Robert Crumb, has drawn the cover artwork of this record without knowing the band personally.
It is available as CD and on 180gr Vinyl Special Edition incl. Poster. Please be invited to bury Satan together with Black Patti.
1. Black Patti Is Coming (Krause/Kraemer)
2. God Don’t Like It (trad.)
3. Be Ready When He Comes (Skip James)
4. I Saw The Light (I) (Blind Gary Davis/Bull City Red)
5. Lonesome Valley (trad.)
6. Down On Me (Eddie Head & His Family)
7. Woke Up This Morning (With My Mind On Jesus) (Blind Roosevelt Graves & Brother)
8. Where Is That Place? (Krause/Kraemer)
9. I Saw The Light (II) (Hank Williams)
10. Everyday Will Be Sunday (Rev. Dan Smith)
11. Get On The Road To Glory (Allen Bunn)